The Colorado Woodworkers' Guild (CWG) is a non-profit group devoted to promoting learning and excellence in all forms of woodworking. We have monthly meetings; At 6:30 PM on the third Tuesday of every month (except December) at Rocklers on 2553 South Colorado Boulevard in Denver View on Google Maps. Guests are always welcome. Annual membership is $30.
Click About the Guild, under the About CWG menu above,
to learn more about our organization.
For information about membership see About Membership, and Membership Benefits (both also under the About CWG menu.
If you want to register for and pay for membership, click Pay for Membership.
Only current members are permitted to log in and access certain areas of this website.
Sometime after this, a complete,new, membership card will be mailed to you.
The Revised Website Format -
The Website Administrator has been maintaining the Guild's website with dual menus, one in the traditional location just below the top of website pages, and the other in the right side column.
The old format suffered from a number of problems: First, many pages had information which flowed over into the right-side menu, which made reading the information and the menu difficult. Second, the old format was not very friendly to mobile devices. Finally maintaining, changing and adding content was a nightmare. What with the need to place menu items in two places, as well as the need to be certain that the right side menus appeared in the appropriate pages, the pages/menus were often out of sync.
The new format answers all of these concerns, and if you browse through the Main menu, you will find all of the menu items are still in the same place, relative to each other.
You will also notice that the login/logout forms are now in the very upper, right-hand corner of the site's webpages.
We have launched this year's class schedule
. A number of classes have already been conducted, and there are two additional taking place in April. You may sign up for Woodworking 101, and/or the Guild Finishing Class on the "Register and Pay for Classes" page in the Members' Coerner. Keep your eye on that page for additional classes.
Happy New Year - Welcome to 2015. If you have not renewed your guild membership now is the time. If your member card does not look like this your membership is not current for 2015
You can renew right here. You do not need a PayPal account.
First Login with your username and password.
Click on Pay For Membership
in the About CWG menu at the top of the page
Fill in the form. At the bottom of the form is an area which looks like this
Copy the characters from the image (chawer in the example above) into the rectangle below it. If the characters are unreadable click on the
and you'll get a new (hopefully) more readable image.
Once you have entered the characters from the image press the Pay Now
button and you'll be redirected to the PayPal site where you can enter credit card info and complete the transaction.
If you have a PayPal account, simply log in and complete the transaction.
If you do not have a PayPal account, then you must click the link in the right column labeled "Pay with a bank account, debit or credit card, or PayPal Credit", and fill in your major credit card information, and then complete the ttransaction.
Classes in 2015 - We are attempting to schedule classes for the coming year and we need your help. We have set up a
survey of 15 classes to determine where the greatest interest lies. It will only take a couple of minutes so please take the survey. To take the survey:
Log in with your username and password (upper right on this page)
In the top menu, under Members Corner, click on Class Interest Survey
Click on yes or no for each of the classes listed to indicate your interest.
Click on Save.
Thats all there is to it. Thanks for your support!
- April 21, 2015 - In April we have a presentation from member Dana Hauschulz on Large scale, Bent lamination arches built for a house . Dana is a mechanical engineer with a background in structures. He designed and built the arches in the pictures below and got the work reviewed by a structural engineer. His presentation will include scale models (the full size are a little big and Dana refused to dissemble his house for the presentation).
- April 26, 2015 The Colorado Arts And Crafts Society's Artisans Guild Forum - The annual gathering of the guilds held at Boettcher Mansion. We will have a table there. We could use some help in two ways:
Here is the flyer for the event. Note that "Members Of Participating Guilds Admitted Free".
- We could use some help manning the booth.
- If you have any Arts&Crafts furniture we could borrow to place on display, please let us know.
- May 19, 2015 - Ron Diefenbacher of Diefenbacher Tools will show images of various work he has done and talk about the designs, construction details, making a living, and, what ever the members want to talk about. If time allows he will talk about the tool sales business. Ron has a Master of Arts Degree in Woodworking and Furniture Design from the University of Pensylvania. He has been a custom funiture maker and teacher of woodworking and furniture design since the early 1980s. He has been the proprietor of Difenbacher Tools since 1998. Here are some examples of his work
more of his work can be seen on his web site.
- June 6 , 2015 - Aurora Kid Spree 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Aurora Municipal Center 15151 E. Alameda Parkway Aurora, CO 80012.
As usual , the guild will have a booth there where kids can build a birdhouse. Prior to the Spree, we can use help creating the Birdhouse kits which kids will nail together. On the day of the Spree, we can use help manning the booth helping kids to nail together the kits.
If you are interested in volunteering contact Charlie Kuechenmeister or Jeff Roth.
- June 16, 2015 - Garrett Brown of Garrett Brown Designs will be presenting at the June meeting. Garrett is a former student of Red Rocks School of Fine Woodworking. After 3 semesters he had so much referal work he went to work professionally full time. He was on a furniture design/build competition series called Framework that was on SpikeTV.
- August 18, 2015 - The August presentation will be from member and former president Travis Brown. Travis will demonstrate the use of attachments for 4 1/2 inch grinders. Exploring the firewood pile - Travis will be demonstrating the safety considerations and uses of various types of attachments available for the 4 1/2 inch grinder to create items of whimsy and possible practicality out of
woods not generally considered for common use by many woodworkers. The various attachments will be reviewed and certain ones demonstrated to obtain the desired results, limited only by the user's imagination. There will be a discussion of the finishing options for various pieces depending on their intended use.
- October 20, 2015 - See September above.
- November 17, 2015 - Stay tuned for info on the November meeting!
- December , 2015 - Traditionlly we have no meeting in December. In its stead we have our annual Holiday Party. Stay tuned for the actual date and information about this.